Sunday, September 15, 2013

Autumn Owl

       Hi ~ I have another fun fall themed challenge for you and this one is over at Oozak! I've made a mixed media project for this challenge.  I painted the background in watercolors and then added some tissue paper to the tree and fiber paper to the owl.  After waiting for this to dry I coated it with Golden Acrylic Medium.
      I painted the owl, leaves and swirls using Golden Fluid Acrylics.  While the paint on the tree was still wet I impressed it with a stamp.  To sharpen up some of the details I went along some of the edges of my drawing with a Faber-Castell Pitt Big Brush.  Thanks for stopping by today and hope to see you over at Oozak. :0)


1 comment:

  1. Oh My, I am in love with this project. The colors are so vibrant and yet has that earthy fall feel. You did an outstanding job. Now that I am back to blogging a little more regularly and just about have some new projects to post, I'll be visiting more. Life happens and I stepped back to get a grip and let my body heal as well. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful art. Hope to see you around the blog worlds once again. Have a Wonderful Fall and a fantastic fun filled Halloween.
    Http://OhMyScraps2U.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete