Sunday, December 15, 2013

Something Old/Something New

A new challenge just went up over at Oozak which is to come up with a card, project, artwork etc. which represents something old/something new.  You may interpret this as you see fit; old supplies mixed with new supplies, past techniques mixed with new techniques, it's all good.  I've chosen to take an old tin and turn it into a new storage container.  I had a before picture and I accidentally deleted it from the camera thinking I had already loaded it on my computer.  Well I thought it was quite awful but you'll have to take my word for it.

  The first thing I did was gave the entire tin a coat of paint that is made for metal.  Usually I would have done this with spray paint, but it's way too cold here these days to use it.  I haven't yet dared to use spray paint in the house.  After giving the tin two coats of white paint, I mixed a bit of Golden Fluid Acrylic in Teal with the white paint and gave the top and inner tin 3 coats of this.
Memory Box Die, Chloe always looks so fun to me so I cut up about 4 of the dies, colored them with Copics and topped it off with a coating of Ranger Glossy Accents.  The dp is by Penny Black and I used a coat of Golden Soft Gel Gloss to adhere the paper to the tin.  I'll be keeping some little note pads in the box:
Thanks for stopping by today and hope to see you over at Oozak. :0)

1 comment: